What's New at the Railroad Commission of Texas
What’s New features new content to the Railroad Commission of Texas website, including form and rule proposals and adoptions, regulatory advisories and notices, job postings, events, news releases and media advisories.
Jobs of The Week
- Manager II (Austin,TX) – Oversees the planning, daily operations, and management of the Engineering Unit, which is one of the four business units in the Technical Permitting Section of the Oil and Gas Division. Supervises a multidisciplinary team of professionals with backgrounds in various earth science, engineering and geoscience fields, as well as support staff. Responsible for the implementation of rules and procedures. Performs moderately complex managerial work administering the daily operations and activities of the Engineering Unit. Work involves establishing goals and objectives; developing guidelines, procedures, rules, and regulations; developing schedules, priorities, and standards for achieving established goals; coordinating and evaluating activities of the Engineering Unit; developing and evaluating budget requests; and monitoring budget expenditures. Plans, assigns, and supervises the work of others. Works under the supervision of the Assistant Director for Technical Permitting, with limited latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
- Oil & Gas Field Inspector (Abilene,TX) – The Railroad Commission of Texas, recognized as a worldwide leader in the regulation of oil and gas is seeking a Field Inspector to perform technical field inspections in oilfield operations in Fisher and Stonewall counties for the Abilene District Office, Field Operations Section of the Oil and Gas Division. Responsibilities include conducting surveys, making inspections, investigating complaints, and collecting and analyzing engineering and geological data. This position offers the opportunity to learn up-to-date oil and gas operations and procedures, regulatory requirements, drilling, production, and transportation of crude oil.
Data & Information
- Railroad Commission Exceeds Goal for Cleanup of Abandoned Oilfield Sites -- More than 400 Sites Assessed & Cleaned Up in FY 2019 (09/27/2019)
- Commissioner Ryan Sitton Speaks on Texas Energy Opportunities at Gulf Coast Industry Forum (09/24/19)
- Railroad Commission Exceeds Well Plugging Goals - Plugs More than 1,700 Abandoned Wells in FY 2019 (09/20/2019)
Last Updated: 10/22/2019 8:09:47 AM