What's New at the Railroad Commission of Texas
What’s New features new content to the Railroad Commission of Texas website, including form and rule proposals and adoptions, regulatory advisories and notices, job postings, events, news releases and media advisories.
Jobs of The Week
- Technical Specialist/Engineering Specialist II (Midland) – The Railroad Commission of Texas, recognized as a worldwide leader in the regulation of oil and gas exploration and production, seeks an Oil and Gas Technical Staff member to complete the review and assessment of oilfield operations in the Midland District Office, Field Operations Section of the Oil and Gas Division. Major responsibilities involve advanced-level technical and administrative evaluations and reporting of the drilling, production, and transportation of oil and gas operations. In addition, some tasks involve conducting surveys, making inspections, investigating complaints and collecting and analyzing engineering and geological data.
- Natural Resources Specialist II-III/Surface Mining & Reclamation (Austin,TX) – The Railroad Commission of Texas seeks a natural resources specialist to work within the Applications and Permits (A&P) Section of the Surface Mining and Reclamation Division (SMRD). This position offers the opportunity to implement the Texas Coal Mining Regulations for mines in the State of Texas. The successful candidate will work under the supervision of an A&P manager. The ideal candidate has demonstrated technical and regulatory aptitude, is friendly, professional, and enjoys advanced problem solving. The job title offered for this position will be based on Division business needs and the selected applicant’s qualifications.
Data & Information
- Railroad Commission Exceeds Well Plugging Goals - Plugs More than 1,700 Abandoned Wells in FY 2019 (09/20/2019)
- Railroad Commission Increases Pipeline Safety Inspections in FY 2019 - Hires Record Number of Pipeline Safety Inspectors (09/17/2019)
- Chairman Christian Passes National Resolution Opposing The Green New Deal (08/29/2019)
Last Updated: 9/20/2019 4:22:46 PM