The Railroad Commission of Texas (Commission) is the state agency with primary regulatory jurisdiction over the oil and natural gas industry, pipeline transporters, natural gas and hazardous liquid pipeline industry, natural gas utilities, the LP-gas industry, and coal and uranium surface mining operations. The Commission also has regulatory and enforcement responsibilities under federal law including the Surface Coal Mining Control and Reclamation Act, Safe Drinking Water Act, Pipeline Safety Acts, Resource Conservation Recovery Act, and Clean Water Act.
The Commission operates its programs and services without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, or disability. As the Commission receives federal funding through various federal grants, it is the policy of the Railroad Commission to comply with federal anti-discrimination laws and regulations including:
- Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, 42 U.S.C. § 2000d et seq.
- Sections 504 and 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, 29 U.S.C. § 794.
- Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, 42 U.S.C. § 12101 et seq.
- Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended 42 U.S.C. § 6101 et seq.
- Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, 20 U.S.C. § 1681 et seq.
- Civil Rights Restoration Act of 1987, Pub L. No. 100-259, 102 Stat 28(1988)
- Executive Order 13160
- Executive Order 13166
- Executive Order 12898
Any person who believes she or he has been aggrieved by any unlawful discriminatory practice under these civil rights areas may file a complaint with the Commission or one of its federal funding partners.
Please contact the Commission via email at email@example.com or visit the website of one of the Commission’s funding partners for more information.
- Environmental Protection Agency: https://www.epa.gov/ocr
- Pipeline Hazardous Materials Safety Administration: http://www.phmsa.dot.gov/org/civilrights/
- Office of Surface Mining Reclamation and Enforcement: http://www.osmre.gov/about/eeo.shtm
If information is needed in any other language, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Si se necesita información en cualquier otro idioma, póngase en contacto con email@example.com.
Last Updated: 8/30/2016 1:13:09 PM