HB 2259/HB 3134 - Inactive Well Requirements
Inactive Well Requirements under HB 2259 and HB 3134
In 2009, The 81st Texas Legislature enacted House Bill 2259 (HB 2259), establishing new requirements for oil and gas operators related to surface equipment removal, as well as additional requirements for the approval of plugging extensions for inactive wells. These changes will affect all operators who have inactive wells in their inventory.
The Commission has created this page as a central point for information and data resources as these changes are implemented.
- Inactive Well Aging Report (IWAR)
- 10-year inactive wells as of 9/1/2010 (five year phase-in population)
- Cost Calculation information
- Form W-3X, Application for an Extension of Deadline for Plugging an Inactive Well
- Form W-3C, Certification of Surface Equipment Removal for an Inactive Well
Information & Guidance Documents
- Surface Equipment Cleanup/Removal
- Plugging Extension Requirements
- Transferring Wells to New Operators
- Inactive Well Compliance Summary
Last Updated: 8/22/2016 8:22:59 AM